Thank you for your interest in The Regis School. Employment at Regis is more than a job. It is an opportunity to join a community of learners who seek challenge, commitment, and strong relationships with all members of our school community. Because we are a small, young, and growing independent Catholic school, much is required of our administrators, faculty, and staff. In return, Regis strives to provide competitive salaries, benefits, and opportunities for growth. All members of the community are encouraged to participate in the life of the school and to continue their professional development. Our faculty must be dedicated to the vision that they will be life-long reflective and creative practitioners.
The Regis School of the Sacred Heart is a member of the Network of Sacred Heart Schools. The school’s mission is rooted in the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart education. The schools commit themselves to educate to a personal and active faith in God; a deep respect for intellectual values; a social awareness which impels to action; to the building of community as a Christian value; and personal growth in an atmosphere of wise freedom
Regis seeks to attract qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds to its faculty and staff. The school is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of its employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfer, and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, national origin, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by applicable law.
The Substitute Teacher is directly accountable to the Early Childhood, Lower or Middle School Head. S/he works with the Head, students and faculty members to ensure that the spirit and life of the School reflect the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart education. The fundamental trait of a Sacred Heart educator is a loving and generous spirit. The Substitute Teacher has responsibility for:
- Having a personal and professional understanding of and commitment to the Schools’ philosophy; the Sacred Heart Goals and Criteria; and to working in a God-centered atmosphere
- Working with the appropriate Division Head to execute responsibilities relating to the academic program: when substitute teaching in a classroom the Substitute Teacher should be following the curriculum developed and put in place by the Faculty member, following the unit plans for the class left by the Lead Teacher, following REGIS classroom management plans.
- Maintaining a professional, positive and constructive relationship with colleagues, administrators and staff and understanding that the property of the School is communal
- Actively participating in and supporting the disciplinary guidelines of the School and carrying them out with respect for the integrity of each child
- Attending liturgies, prayer services, assemblies, faculty meetings, grade level meetings, workshops, in-service meetings, Parent/Teacher Conferences and other school functions, as requested
- Understanding the use of unscheduled class time, between 7:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., as time for classroom planning, professional development and time given to assist in the overall needs of the School
- Being ready to fill additional duties when asked (i.e., playground supervision, lunchroom supervision, etc.)
- Maintaining communication with the administration and the parents regarding each student’s progress
- Responding to all communication – e.g., voice mail, e-mail and written notes –within one business day. Voice mail and e-mail must be cleared twice daily (morning and afternoon).
- Having a working knowledge of the school technology program, laptops, and software necessary to the implementation of the curriculum
- Maintaining clear, accurate, up-to-date classroom records including:
- Lesson plans
- Assessments and rubrics
- Bachelors Degree required
- Degree work in a field of study that coordinates with education
- Teaching experience in an Elementary School preferred
Please address inquiries by e-mail to Laura Brunner at email@example.com