(An ache to belong)
Schools of the Sacred Heart commit themselves to educate to the building of community as a Christian value.
- The school implements an ongoing plan for educating both adults and students in the heritage and mission of Sacred Heart education.
- The school promotes a safe and welcoming environment in which each person is valued, cared for, and respected.
- Adult members of the school model and teach skills needed to build community and practice clear, direct, and open communication.
- The school has programs that teach the principles of nonviolence, conflict resolution, and peacemaking.
- The school makes a deliberate effort to recruit students and employ faculty and staff of diverse races, ethnicities, and backgrounds. The financial aid program effectively supports socioeconomic diversity.
- The school participates actively in the national and international networks of Sacred Heart schools.