Middle School experience
How do we do it?
The Regis Experience provides boys with a toolkit of opportunities that they can build on to learn to make wise decisions with confidence and courage. Every member of the community works together to create an environment designed distinctly for boys with high expectations and support for success. Every boy who participates in The Regis Experience is intentionally guided through a progressive and age-appropriate program of leadership and character development.
Five essential elements of The Regis Experience, rooted in the Sacred Heart mission:
- Catholic Identity (Goal I and IV)
- Challenging curriculum with quality instruction (Goal II)
- Community focus (Goal III and IV)
- Class size that is manageable and balanced (Goal IV and V)
- All-boy environment (Goal IV and V)
The essential elements are manifested in many ways in each division including some of the examples highlighted below.
Fifth Through Eighth Grades
Regis middle school students demonstrate academic responsibility, recognize their individual gifts and talents, understand what it means to be a leader, are confident and courageous in decision making, and have a deep understanding of what it means to be a child of the Sacred Heart. Middle school boys become engaged leaders in The Regis Experience. In a deliberate, guided, and supportive environment, students are challenged to become independent learners, to solve their own problems, and to advocate for themselves.
- Learning respect for classmates
- Modeling respect, responsibility, and wise choices as a Regis big brother
- Cooperating with classmates and adults
- Serving each other and the community
- Participating in co-curricular athletics – soccer, basketball, track, and rugby
- Collaborative activities with Duchesne such as socials, dances, drama productions, and STEM activities